Wednesday, September 20, 2006

The Rainbow Connection

On the way to school this morning, Noah saw his first real rainbow. It was quite exciting for both us. And it was a real beauty - it was a complete rainbow, stretching from ground to ground. I said "Do you know what God says about rainbows?" And Noah said "I promise that I will never flood the earth again." My heart just melted! We have a Bible story book on CD that he loves to listen to. Naturally, he loves the story about his namesake, Noah ("the other Noah, Mom, not me" he informs me). How blessed we are to have the promises of God and to enjoy those promises through the beauty of nature. What a wonderful start to our day!

14 comments:

I.C.E. said...

What a blessing to my heart! I'm thankful too for the promises of God. I'm thankful for tender little hearts and the special time we have with them as they share their heart with us. You all made my day too!

Ice-Family said...

That is a cute story...make sure you also tell Noah that clouds are made by those huge smoke stacks and "really" why chicago smells so bad...if that was a confusing comment, just ask cassandra or scott to explain how they are good at mixing the truth about rainbows in with fabrications about clouds and the chicago smells.:)
Ben

2Icecubed said...

What a sweet moment! It melted my heart as well just reading it. Thank you for sharing it.

Anonymous said...

I love to hear children give the simple truths of the Word of God. "Suffer the little children to come unto me and forbid them not for such is the kingdom of God" Thanks for sharing that Noah's comment. We miss you guys.

Anonymous said...

Jill-wow...rainbows are my favorite. (like "smiling" is Buddy the Elf's favorite). That is a great story. Thank you for sharing!! I've decided that if I have boys I want them to be "water names" Noah, Moses and Jonah...hopefully, that will also mean that I'll be a mommy near water too.

sarah said...

That is so cute. Thanks for the cool story.

Jill, leave it to your kids to be spiritual at the age of 4:) I am with Ben, when I was 4 I believed that rainbows and clouds had something to do with chicago at 5pm.

Jill said...

Okay...Cassandra and Scott...you need to chime in here and explain to all of us what rainbows have to do with Chicago at 5pm.

I.C.E. said...

Scott & Cassandra hopefully won't tell you about the smells in Chicago at 5:00. Believe me you don't want to know! By the way, it doesn't have anything to do with rainbows---as far as I know, but then parents can be the last to know :)

Ice-Family said...

does no one remember driving through chicago someone asking what the smell in chicago was and someone said it was (as only an ice can say best) stinkers? that is the story. and as for the clouds story...i think dad was the one who perpetuated the story that smoke stacks make clouds.

Jill said...

This is my first comment on a blog. Ye-ha! Sarah is right. The city ordinance was that you could not gas during until 5 pm. So, everyone would hold their gas till 5:00 and then let it out at one time and that is why it smelled so bad. The cloud story is also correct. I just remember that we would tell Sarah and Ben that is where clouds came from. I don't recall who started it.
However, after all that, our Noah is only concerned with spiritual things. Oh, and laughing at whomever "tooted" the loudest.
Sorry Jill.
Paul

I.C.E. said...

Sad to say :), that is the correct story

Eight is Enough!! said...

Okay, I just read all these blogs. As I recall, Poor Sarah and Ben are correct. I remember one time we went through Chicago it was the 5:00 hour and it smelled really BAD. We told Ben and Sarah that every one waits untill 5:oo to toot and that is why it stinks. The cloud thing was from Dad I think.
I haven't laughed so hard in a long, long time!! :)

sarah said...

We are the most inappropriate, crass (an unrefined person lacking in discrimination and sensibility) family that I know of!

Eight is Enough!! said...

We are real!! That's why I love each of my brothers and sister so much. You are reality in the mist of somethimes unrealistic expectations in the ministry.