Monday, January 29, 2007

"Single" Dadhood

When I got home from teaching piano today, I noticed a few things were out of place in the garage...Paul had pulled Livi up and down the street on her little sled. "Awww, that's sweet!" I thought. Then I found out Noah enjoyed his sled ride up and down the street attached by a long rope to the riding lawn mower! Now that's taking it to a higher level - one which Mommy could never attain. :)


12 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahahahahaha! i think you and Jodi (cartoonliving) will have a lot to talk about .... :)

sarah said...

Yes, paul those were the days. I remember when you used to pull me behind the lawn mower. That's awesome!!

Eight is Enough!! said...

That sounds just like our Paul. Always taking the ideas just a little farther than most! :) He used to scare my mother to death with all his "ideas". You have to admit, he makes and Awesome Daddy!! :)

Jill said...

Yes, he does make an awesome daddy! So Sarah, this has been going on for years???

SturgillMom said...

Jill, how funny! I can just picture Paul laughing harder than Noah while he was doing it :) At least he didn't have NOAH driving the lawn mower while he was on the sled....I'm sure he thought about it!

sarah said...

Oh yeah, I remember doing that as a kid. We also used to sled behind the Mckim's four wheeler.

Jill said...

Yes Danielle, he probably wanted to do it himself!! :) Hey, do you guys remember going bumper-hitching in college? I don't remember who I did that with, but we went to the parking lot of the Farm & Fleet and bumper-hitched until we finally came to our senses of how dangerous that was!

2Icecubed said...

Looks like great fun! Scott has done the same thing with the boys but pulling them behind the truck. Makes me nervous but they love it and he doesn't go too fast!! Before long all the neighbor kids are piled in the back of the truck watching and waiting their turn!

Anonymous said...

Jill - I have 5 things about me on my blog....I was just thinking...maybe we should start a blog post called "5 things you didn't know about Jill"...I've got some stories to SHARE!!!

SturgillMom said...

Are you guys all hicks over there in that state? :) I think we would get kicked out of our neighborhood if they saw us pulling kids with a truck! Or at least, they would make us put a carseat in the sled -- ha ha Jill, I don't know what bumper hitching is, so I don't think that I was the one doing it with you!

Stephanie said...

Very cute. You guys got more snow than we did. But we did get enough to make the kids excited and I'm satisfied for this winter. Let the spring begin?!?
Hey - do you talk to Tina much? I want her to join the blog world! I bet she would scoff it until we got her to do it and then she would be hooked!

Jill said...

Steph, yes I am ready for spring! Unfortunately, we've been getting snowed on since Saturday, and it doesn't look like it will let up anytime soon! I do talk to Tina every few months, I'd say. I would LOVE her to start a blog, but somehow I just can't imagine her doing one. Do they have email?