I am a person who simply delights in making lists, probably so I can enjoy the simple pleasure of crossing something off the list! Ever since I found this list through a link on the Girl Talk blog, I cannot stop thinking about it. This list of questions has been a real inspiration to me as the new year begins. Maybe you will find it as encouraging and challenging as I did.
1. What's one thing you could do this year to increase your enjoyment of God? (I loved this question. I started a new journal of songs and hymns that I love that focus on worshiping God.)
2. What's the most humanly impossible thing you will ask God to do this year?
3. What's the single most important thing you could do to improve the quality of your family life this year?
4. In which spiritual discipline do you most want to make progress this year, and what will you do about it?
5. What is the single biggest time-waster in your life, and what will you do about it this year? (Ouch - I can list many things!)
6. What is the most helpful new way you could strengthen your church?
7. For whose salvation will you pray most fervently this year?
8. What's the most important way you will, by God's grace, try to make this year different from last year?
9. What one thing could you do to improve your prayer life this year?
10. What single thing that you plan to do this year will matter most in ten years? In eternity?
Monday, January 08, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
Jill, that is definitely a challenging list. I am going to need to take some time to go through that...I have some huge steps that need to be taken spiritually this year. Thanks for sharing that!
Good list of questions! The time-waster questions stepped on my toes, too.
Jill, thank you for sharing! What a challenge to my heart! It is a list I will be praying over for sure.
I like that list...I want to know your answers! :)
Jill, I love that girltalk blog, too. Actually, I am at Danielle's house right now and she is showing me how to make anonymous comments. BTW, was Paul upset about our long breakfast? Love, Kelly
Ohhhh, Kelly! I wish I could be at Danielle's house right now! Sometime you need to tell me when you will be there and I'll just pop on down for a day. When you are starting your blog??? Today???
Paul wasn't upset at all. He was glad that we could chat and catch up. I was so full from that breakfast, I didn't eat anything until we were in the hotel and we got hungry about 9 p.m. and ordered pizza.
Jillie! I HAVE to call you. I am VERY frustrated trying to post a video. Kelly and I were going to call you around noon but then we realized the time difference and figured that you were teaching piano. We need to set a date now for when the three of us can meet for a weekend of fun.
Jill,
Thanks so much for posting encouraging and spiritually challenging items on your blog. It was great to see your photos, but this is the type of thing that shows me your heart and what you are passionate about. Thank you for sharing and for challenging the rest of us. Krista Lee
Krista! We have been trying forever to find you! Give us an update, girl!
I apologize I don't have much time to go on the computer. We are praying hard for a baby - you can pray about that. Jason is working hard and I am working and going to school. We are enjoying the warm air down here in NC but love the freinds and family from the North.
Post a Comment