Monday, December 18, 2006

Our Whirlwind Weekend

Now I can breathe again! The concert is over! It's a bittersweet feeling of being done with something that I planned for and worked on for months. Well, no... it's alot more sweet than bitter. :)

Grandpa and Grammy Peterson came to visit on Friday and were a HUGE help with the kids while we were finalizing plans and rehearsing for the concert. Thank you! We had a great time visiting with them.

What a huge blessing God granted to us the night of the concert. The evening went very well, and I think was a blessing to the people. It was such a privilege to me to be able to present in musical form the story of the birth of Christ and His sacrifice for us on the cross. I feel very humbled that I was entrusted to proclaim that message last night through the piano. Then I think...that's my job every day! Through the life that I lead, I need to be a mirror reflecting the glory of Christ.

It was so wonderful to have my parents, Paul's parents, and Paul's grandparents come for the concert. A huge highlight to the evening was when I saw Jeannie walking in the door! It was so great to see you again friend!

Hope you enjoy these pics. The flowers were given to me by the pastor of our church at the end of the concert.



8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jill! So good to see you - for all of those in blogger land...you missed a GREAT concert. It was just a blessing to listen to the story unfold...I'll admit it though...I was mostly overwhelmed at the fact that I was able to hear my dear friend tickling the ivories, once again.

Some day we'll have to break out the old Broadway Musicals like we used to do in college...good times. Love you Jill!!

SturgillMom said...

Oh Jill...those pictures brought tears to my eyes. I heard, via my sister, that the concert was "excellent." I am so glad that your parents and the Ices were able to come. And Jeannie...what an extra special surprise! Now, if only I could HEAR it! :)

The Hager Happenings said...

Jill, Sure do wish we could have been there to hear your concert. Did anyone video tape it? If so, would it be possible to get a copy?
I will have to get your address, so I can send Paul an apple. I know it is something he would enjoy. May your family have a wonderful Christmas. Amy

Eight is Enough!! said...

Jill, I heard the concert was wonderful. I really wish we could have been there. I know the chldren would have truly enjoyed it. I do not think they have every heard you really play. (If you know what I mean.) I heard Paul did a great job playing his trumpet. Plus, I heard he sang a solo? Wow! Is it possible that it was taped? Could we get it somehow? Miss you all!

Jill said...

Amy and Cass - we did videotape the concert, and it is being converted to DVD. We also have it on CD, I believe. I haven't heard it yet, or seen the DVD yet, so I'm hoping the quality of the recording is good. But I can get you both a DVD and/or CD. Just let me know which one you want!

Amy - Paul would LOVE an apple - how can I give you my address without posting it for the whole world to see?

The Hager Happenings said...

Jill- I think that I can get your address off the MBBC website. I would also love a DVD and CD if both are available. Looking forward to seeing you (even if it is just on my TV!!!). AMY

Mommy said...

Jill, I read about your concert on G-nee's blog too. Was that your first? I think the last time I really heard your playing was back in 10th grade (me in 8th). You were good back then - I can't imagine now:) Thank you for using your talent for God's glory.

By the way, I don't have a link to my family blog on my journaling one, but if you haven't already seen it, the address is "ohdeniseshoobidoo.blogspot.com". I've got three precious children that I love to "show off".

Have a Merry Christmas.

Carla said...

Jill, we also would love a cd or even a dvd of the concert! Just let us know how we can order one. We would have loved to be there. Hope you guys have a wonderful Christmas!