Saturday, December 02, 2006

Christmas Cookies






Last night we all were on a sugar high after our annual baking and decorating of Christmas cookies. The kids had a blast cutting out all shapes of cookies - angels, snowmen, Christmas trees, etc. and some bats and pumpkins thrown in for good measure. Then the decorating fun began! At first they didn't quite realize that you didn't have to use ALL the sugar and icing on just one cookie. After that, each cookie was decorated a little faster as they discovered new ways to pile on the good stuff. Even Chloe got to try some icing!

8 comments:

Ice-Family said...

Looks like you had lots of fun. Makes me want some Christmas cookies looking at all of yours! Mmmmmmmmmmm!!! Merry Christmas!

sara said...

HOW FUN!!! You have inspired me!! Maybe I'll wait til Dave's parents come to do this- they could help me clean up!!

Eight is Enough!! said...

My favorite is the star with the yellow dot in the middle. Yummy! We do the same thing. Last year, I made a huge batch of frosting one for all the extra licks and one for the cookies. The kitchen was a disaster; but it sure was a blast... A good one for the memory books. Noah and Olivia, you guys did a GREAT job. Tell daddy not to eat them all! :)

SturgillMom said...

I always have to pump myself up to do the cut-out cookies. It is such a mess and the kids enjoy it a little to much! :) It looks like you had a blast. We are on our way for a cookie party!

Jill said...

Yes, it is a huge mess to make and decorate sugar cookies! I am still finding little sprinkles on the floor. But it's worth the mess!

Anonymous said...

I love the picture of Olivia taking a huge chomp out of the cookie! What a cutie-batutie! You are such a good mommy - definitely worth the mess!

Anonymous said...

that pic of Noah and Olivia is now my wallpaper at the office. SOOOOO cute! I love that Noah is wearing icing on his lips!

Jill said...

Oh, we're honored to be wallpaper!