Sunday, June 15, 2008

The Garage Sale Solution

We had a two-day garage sale on Friday and Saturday. We have had garage sales before, but this was our first time having a two-day sale. We had tons of people on the first day and sold lots of stuff. Yay! The second day was a bit slower, but Olivia was deep in thought, coming up with ideas of how to get the Friday people to return on Saturday.

Olivia: "Mom, I have a great idea!"
Mom: "What's that?"
Olivia: "We can go inside and change our hair so we look different and people will come back to our garage sale. They won't know they've already been here!"
Mom: "Do you think they might recognize that this is the same house they were at yesterday?"

The wheels of thought are hard at work.....

Olivia:"I know! We can go and get lots of new flowers, pull out the old flowers in the garden, and plant the new flowers! Our house will look so different!"

How can I argue with that?

I should have taken her advice. I'm sure I saw people driving past thinking "Look at those flowers...this is the same house I was at yesterday!" :)

3 comments:

sara said...

She is a smart one....I can see lots of successful garage sales in your future!

Kelly said...

Jill, that is hilarious!!! I can just see her saying that. How did you enjoy doing the garage sale? I have only had one, and they are so much work but worth it when you get all that stuff out of your house.
Hope you are having a good summer!!

2Icecubed said...

She IS a smart little cookie!! She's got it all...the brains and the great looks to go with it!!!!:) Better watch that one!