Saturday, June 07, 2008

Waaaaahhhhh!!!!!

My camera literally flew into a lake yesterday, where it sat for five minutes before we discovered it. We were visiting Paul's sister and fam on their vacation. We decided to go swimming, so I searched the area looking for a safe spot for my precious camera. It should be safe on the stroller, right? Little did I know that a huge gust of wind would send the stroller into the lake along with the camera. I wasn't actually there when it happened, so when I returned to the lake, we figured out what had happened and located the camera in three feet of water.

After a day of drying out, the camera does not seem to be working. It will actually turn on, but there is way too much sand in it and the lens is very spotty from water stains. So, I'm hoping we may be able to return it since it is less than a year old and is still on warranty. Wish me luck!

Of course, every moment of today was a photo opp. How will I survive???

8 comments:

WTBroke said...

Oh, I understand!! Spencer put my first digital camera in the toilet, then about a year later on vacation he knocked my new camera out of my hand and into a puddle of water. I am now on my third camera. We have threatened in regards to touching the camera :) Good luck!!

SturgillMom said...

Good thing you didn't have a kid on that stroller that flew into the lake :) Good luck with the warranty!

Natasha said...

That's too bad :( Good luck with the warranty!

sara said...

OH NO! I would DIE. Hope you manage to survive :)

Holly said...

Boo, hoo! That's just the way it goes, isn't it? Hope you can get a new one soon.

Anonymous said...

Oh.. A mom w/out a camera is like a new born w/out a diaper on.. just terrible.. and bad comparison.. :) Hopefully you'll be able to return it or at least the warranty part will work out! Yikes!

2Icecubed said...

Oh, Jill, that is terrible. Well, if your wind gusts were anything like ours I am not surprised it blew into the lake!! Hope it will be covered by the warranty. I'm sure you are lost without that camera! Tell everyone hello!

Kelly said...

Jill, that is horrible! I can just imagine how hard it was to watch that happen.

I loved the pictures of your baseball game fun. It reminds me when we would all go to see the Twins for a youth activity. All I can remember is eating, laughing, and watching fans with my binoculars.
We hope to take the boys this summer and do the same!
Miss you!!!
BTW, are you going to be able to go to the reunion this year?