Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Sushi Sweetie

I have been getting into sushi lately after some friends of ours had us over for a sushi party a month or so ago. I think it is so yummy! And Paul likes it too. So I had this same friend over yesterday to show me how to roll my own sushi. We had lots of fun and the sushi tasted delicious!

Olivia rolled her own little sushi roll
She was very pleased with the results!
Olivia and Micah (the friend's son) who loves sushi
Trying out the chopsticks - Olivia preferred the strawberries over the sushi. :)
The finished product - we rolled in rice, egg, carrot, cucumber, and cream cheese. Also included tuna in some and a mystery fish in some, which I won't disclose for the sake of the weak-stomached among us.
It was yummy!

6 comments:

2Icecubed said...

You are a braver woman than I!!! That Olivia couldn't be any cuter!!

SturgillMom said...

I agree with Michelle, Olivia is a DOLL!! But, SHUSHI JILL....oh my word! I don't know what shusi is, but it sure looks scary :)

Stephanie said...

Very creative! I don't think I would have the guts to make it. The chef is adorable.

Kelly said...

Those look really cool and you have made me curious about trying sushi. Do they taste really "fishy"?

Jill said...

No, they don't have to taste fishy. You can make them without fish, which we did on some of them. You should try them Kelly! I think you would like them. :)

WTBroke said...

Warren and I have been introduced to sushi just recently and are liking it. Could you e-mail some recipes to me. wtbroke@juno.com. I hope you can. They look really impressive. Good job Olivia, you are going to be a fantastic cook :)