Thursday, March 08, 2007

They Start Young

So, last night we were eating our usual get-some-food-get-out-the-door dinner of frozen pizza before heading off to church. I thought I'd make it a bit more healthy and add some apple slices, which Noah scarfed down (he's my healthy eater) and Olivia barely touched. All right, I guess she did touch them so she could move them around her plate to make it look like she was eating some of them.

Anyway, Olivia says "We probably shouldn't have any dessert tonight since we will be having treats at Cubbies." I was thinking of how I must be getting through to her about not eating too many sweets, etc. when she says "I think we're having apples tonight in Cubbies."

Aha. Caught ya. Trying to get out of eating those apples.

What do I have in store for me?

8 comments:

SturgillMom said...

Jill, that is so cute. I am absolutely HORRIBLE about making my kids eat healthy. The only vegetable that Kenz likes is carrots and that is only because of the dip!

Holly said...

I love the funny things kids say! They are absolutely priceless!

mom2mine said...

So cute! My girls are famous fibbers! I don't how old she is but that is something my 4 yr old would have said too!

Kelly said...

That was so funny, Jill. What a smart little girl! I'm glad that I am not the only one who feels rushed on Wednesday. No matter how early I start we are always scarfing down food and running out the door.

Mommy said...

The past few months our family had been struggling with alot of sicknesses so one of the things that I did in my kids' diet was cut out all their sweets. Now they think that apples are desserts, because it's the only thing they get with sugar in it:)

The Boe's ~ said...

Hey Jill, I caught your name on G-knee's website so I thought i'd write and say Hi. Gotta love blogging, huh--it is a great way to keep in touch! Tell Paul hello for us and keep in touch-- adorable kids:) ~Heather

Jill said...

Hi Heather - so glad to hear from you! I love blogging for catching up with old friends. I'm going to go check out your blog right now...

2Icecubed said...

I love it!! We see alot of "push it around the plate/spread it out" tactic around here! She is a smart girl! I, like you and Kelly, feel like it is a mad house around here every Wednesday night before church. No amount of planning or preparation avoids the last minute rush around!! I'm also in favor of quick, easy meals for that night too.