Oh! How I remember the warm, bright days
Basking in the warmth of the sun's golden rays.
My arms were uncovered, my feet bare on the wood.
The children would play - they would swing, slide and splash,
Or maybe take a break and just lie in the grass.
I think of it and my frozen spirit soars!
What's happened to these children? They look a little sad.
They've forgotten how to move without five extra pounds of pad.
Come little birdies! Come back to play.
We'll warm up your bath and keep intruders at bay.
Winter- I know you're necessary, and you're created by God,
But it's summer I remember with thoughts warm and fond.
They've forgotten how to move without five extra pounds of pad.
We'll warm up your bath and keep intruders at bay.
Winter- I know you're necessary, and you're created by God,
But it's summer I remember with thoughts warm and fond.
13 comments:
OH, MY GOODNESS!! How much snow did you get???????? We got 14 inches but ours blew so much that some parts of the yard are almost bare and others have very deep drifts! We haven't been in school for 3 days! Love the pictures. I will post some also very soon.
I have no idea how much we got...except that it's been snowing off and on for about two weeks! We had two days off school this week, and two days off school last week. I look forward to seeing your pictures!
Hi
Looks like you are buried too. I liked the poem - and can relate to it. I went password protected on my blog so if you would like me to send you a link my addy is sr7492@sbcglobal.net
Didn't know you were such a good poet!! Wish we could be enjoying some of that snow here in the south. It's been around 40 here during the day and I'm freezing as it is, but snow like that would be mighty nice...I think! :)
Snow storms are 3x worse in IN because they don't have any equipment to deal with it.
Six out of my first seven days of student teaching at ICA were snow days spent playing Nintendo. I acquired a blister on my thumb to prove it.
Dayna-come on up for a visit! You'll get all the snow you want and more!
Coach C- so true about IN not having the equipment. I think the mentality here is "if we wait long enough, the sun will clear off the snow". BTW, we didn't know you student taught at ICA.
That is a stinkin lot of snow! I, too, am longing for those warm sunny days...did you write that poem? I am very impressed. :)
Yes, a long time ago, in a galaxy far away. I have some interesting stories about that experience. . .
Well, so far here in the Twin Cities we have gotten 10 inches of snow this winter, according to the weather "experts" (yeah, we will debate that term another day). That's ok, you can keep it!
SturgillMom - yes, I have to admit I wrote the poem. I was in a corny mood. :)
Schoonovers - only 10 inches? That's a drought for MN! But you've had all the cold, right?
And when might we hear them, Coach C???
Maybe in 50 years. . and definitely not on the internet. :)
I am so amazed that you wrote that. I thought you got it out of a book, and I was just impressed that you were reading a book of poetry. I didn't realize how many hidden talents you have!
So true about winter. Try coming back to it after basking in those rays by the ocean!
Post a Comment