Last night we went to church for Family Fun Night. The AWANA directors offer this carnival every year on the Wednesday that is closest to Halloween, so this year it fell on Halloween. The kids get to play carnival-like games and win candy and prizes. They also have a contest for costumes, which have to be Bible-based.
Chloe was a frog - one of the Egyptian plagues.

A pretty good frog pose!

Olivia is into everything princess, so she was disappointed when she found out she was going to be a queen...Queen Esther. Then she started liking it and told everyone she was "Queen Esto".


Noah's costume was made about 30 minutes before we had to leave for the carnival. He is Paul in prison (see the ball and chain?), and he won third place for his outfit! (in his age bracket)

Noah was pretty good at this game.

Olivia just LOVED her butterfly hand.

Olivia and her friend Michael

Is she peeking?

By the end of the night my camera was sticky from all the little fingers touching it, so this picture is a little fuzzy. But I thought these costumes were pretty good - salt and light is on the left, Moses is in the middle and another Queen Esther on the right.

5 comments:
Very cute! I like the little frog in her pose. Paul in prison was very creative too!
Great pictures! It's so fun to get to see some of what was happening there at First Baptist this past Wednesday. We Wesco's were thinking an awful lot about you all! How we miss dressing up as Bible characters every year...it was always so much fun!
That is cool! I'm glad you had a good time!
What cute pictures. I always love your creativity in costumes. Sounds like a fun night! Cute frog with the beautiful baby blues. Noah, you are a cute little prisoner!:) Livi, you make a beautiful Queen Esther too!:) Hope you and mommy are feeling better!!!
What an awesome idea. I wish our church did something like that because the kids were sad to miss out on all the fun activities that night. LOVE the costumes....you are one creative mama - I'm impressed.
Post a Comment