So I'm taking this chance to confess that I am addicted! For the past few weekends we've had friends come over to play Settlers. Ben and Dayna taught us how to play when we were at their house in April. Now we can't get enough of it! We tend to stay up past midnight playing, and then I go to bed and dream of wheat, sheep, brick, etc. So I've been very tired lately...
Our fun weekend included my parents dropping by to visit. They drove nine hours on Friday to spend Saturday with us and go back home on Sunday! How sweet are they?
Stinky feet!
8 comments:
You beat me to 100...probably because you are much more consistent than I am!!:) Glad your folks were able to come for a quick visit. That is always so much fun!! I hope it can work out this year for our moms to come together sometime!:)
Yes, Jill, I have to agree, your parents have always been sweet. But, they have just gone up a level since they were willing to drive all that way for one day :)
We love Settlers in this house, too. But, for some reason, we can't get anyone in my family addicted to it. Everyone else we teach seems to love it and get hooked...maybe my family is just strange :)
Happy 100~ I need to see how many I've written. I have never heard of Settlers - but it sounds like fun.
Congrats on 100! You're parents are sweet, you are correct!! It's nice when "grandma/grandpa" drop by, even for a short time! I'm sure the kids had a lot of fun too!
Jill, I am always amazed at how many new posts you have so it doesn't surprise me that you made it to 100. I think it will take me two years! :)
Anytime we have visitors at our house we play Settlers. Adam and I tried playing just the two of us but we both are way too competitive and don't want to trade. Did you know that you can play online as well? I haven't tried it but Adam loves it.
Kelly, we need to come see you sometime so we can play Settlers! Paul and I have thought about trying to play with just the two of us, but I think we would have the same problem that you and Adam have. :)
Happy 100th! We love Settlers here too! The Duttons taught Jason and I and then we played it with Gretchen in Louisville. Now in the Career Class at church there are two boards and one with the expansion pack (up to 6 players! which we really like because there is the "Building Phase" and you can build stuff after anyone's turn, and not wait!) I must come visit!
YES, G-Knee, come visit!! We play with the expansion set too, even when we only have four players!
Post a Comment