Tuesday, April 24, 2007

A Night to Remember

Well, Dr. Budahl's last Madrigal concert was amazing. How could it not be??? The music itself was terrific and the audience was so receptive since everyone was there to honor a man who has dedicated himself so wholly to God and other people. What can I say about Dr. Bu? He has had such a huge impact on so many lives, mine included. I think through him I found out that professors and people in authority were actually just real people. I spent so many Friday nights at his house playing ROOK with Hope, G-Knee, Kim and Anne. I watched him on choir tour displaying graciousness and humility every mile of the way. He has such a deep love for Jesus, which is evident even in his plan for retirement - traveling to foreign nations to reach people for Christ. It was such a great evening for me to sit, be surrounded by wonderful music and memories, and appreciate a great man that God led into my life to teach me at such a critical stage.

Enough words.

Here's some pics...

In concert.
That's Joelle Isaacs at the piano.
If you want to hear a solo you've never heard before and probably never will again, click here.

G-Knee, Jill, and Hope (Budahl) Robertson, who's expecting her fourth child.

Dana (Rodabaugh) Towberman, Jill, Anne (Ronemus) Binkley, Hope and G-Knee

Anne, Hope, Kim (Cardot) Scott, Jill
Mrs. Budahl and me! Love her!


Paul (holding our autographed copy of the program), Jill, Dr. Budahl

The after-concert party...
Heidi Jahnke (what's her married name?), G-Knee, Ginger (Silver) Clarke, Jill


We stayed up until 2 a.m. talking. I'm still recovering - I'm not as young as I used to be!!! We went to church at the Teasdale's church in Waukesha on Sunday and had dinner with the Teasdales. So nice to catch up with them! A special thanks to my parents for babysitting our kids in the hotel on Saturday night! We also had a quick birthday party for Chloe - more pics to come from that!

8 comments:

Ruthy said...

Oh, see, I knew I had good reason to be green. =0) It looks like you had a fabulous time; so glad you were able to go! Thanks for sharing your memories and pictures.

SturgillMom said...

JILL!!!! How fun! Every time that I go back to MBBC, it seems like no one is there that I know. My biggest regret from college is that I never tried out for choir. But, I felt like I got to know Dr. Budahl through all of you...I sure wish we could have been there for that night! Did you, Dana, and Gknee go and visit your old room?!?!?! :) Miss you, girl!

sara said...

Oh wow- thanks so much for sharing those pictures! It was great to see those faces! Looks like you had fun.

Anonymous said...

Jill! OH MAN!!!! I had such a good time seeing you...and I still laugh when I think of some remarks you made this weekend. Can't wait to visit with you on a weekend coming up!
LOVE YOU BUNCHES!!!

Anonymous said...

PS - I'm so jealous of that autographed copy of the program!!!

2Icecubed said...

Jill, how fun!!! It is a blast seeing friends like that and catching up! You guys have had a wild last few weeks~but all fun things!! What a neat opportunity to be there for that special night! I too regret not doing choir. Laurie and I tried out once and didn't make it and she was brave enough to try out again and made it!

Kelly said...

Jill, it looked like a wonderful time! I enjoyed seeing G-knee and Dana in the pictures and wish I could have been there to here that great music. It is so fun to go back to college and remember the good old days :) Your choir director sounded like such a talented and great man.

Stephanie said...

I love seeing all the faces. How fun that you got to go!